- it was heaps of fun - the theme was unlike any other theme we had done before, which I really liked;
- the room design is excellent - they use the space well and in a creative way;
- there is a really good mix of hunt and seek fun and clever puzzles;
- the puzzles are all relatively low-tech, but they are incredibly creative. There were a few puzzles that we had never seen before and which we absolutely loved. I particularly loved the bespoke puzzles!!!;
- we managed to escape in about 35 minutes, using one clue;
- the theming was beyond awesome - the props and puzzles all added to the overall feel of the room;
- the use of walkie talkies for communication was simple but effective;
- the owners are very passionate about their rooms and it shows from the quality of this room (and all of their rooms); and
- having done both of their South Melbourne rooms back to back, we really liked how different each of the rooms are (very different themes and very different puzzles in each).
There is nothing at all that I didn't like about this room - it was perfectly themed and the puzzles were all fantastic. I think this is one of the best rooms that we did in Melbourne (and I think it's up there with the best rooms in Australia).
This room was frikkin awesome.
Where: 12-18 Yarra Street, South Melbourne
Themes: 4 themes (at South Melbourne and Flemington)
Cost: $132 (4 players)
More details: http://escaperoom.com.au/